Saturday, May 16, 2009

End of the school year.

Well It's over, my first year as the upper learning center Supervisor. It has been a good year. Full of learning and growing. I never would have made it without my mentors and my husband standing along side, always ready with advise or just a hug of encouragement.
I find it interesting how you can go through a whole year with little problems and then at the end of the year, Wham, something crazy comes along. I think I learned more the last week of school than I did the whole year. I found out it isn't always easy being the responsible and authoritative one. I knew this before but somethings need experienced not just known. I learned what it's like to be disappointed by unexpected sources, and I learned I can make it through with God's and friends(including my best friend, Drew) help. I learned a lot of good things too. Girls I had tried to reach all year opened up during Convention. It was awesome! One way this happened was writing notes back and forth to a girl sitting 3 feet away, and it was nothing secretive it was just the way she felt easy communicating. I had forgot the art of note passing but I am glad she let me back in on it. I love ACE convention. It brings out so much about people you never would have known other wise. I was so proud to watch all of our girls medal at State Convention several of them medaled many times. More importantly I had the honor of walking up to the alter and praying with 2 of our girls. God is so Good. I can see God working in lives and I love watching that struggle of becoming a young lady and growing up, it's not easy, but I am so glad i can point them to a Heavenly Father who is there to guide and help and most of all never let them down.
He has never let me down either, not one time. I look forward to more years of teaching young people to strive to be their best so in the end, as our scripture says, " I have not run in vain, neither labored in vain." Thank you to everyone out there who held me up in prayer this year. I know God was listening.
The next step for me is actually one more school trip. Sheryl Nabozny and I will be taking 8 girls to Washington DC for 5 days. We are ending the trip with some white water rafting down the Shenandoah River. AWESOME!!! I am looking forward to it. The only glitch was when Katie came up to me and said, "Mom, what would be more fun, going on a trip or being with me?" She broke my heart. We are going to be away from our kids so much this summer it's crazy. God's gonna have to help all of us this summer. We will do our best to grab some good family time every chance we get. Until next time. TTFN
Dana

1 comment:

Leah said...

So encouraging to see progress in kids you put so much effort into! You are doing a great job there, Dana and I know carry a burden for the lives you are involved with.