Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Cabin



Uncle David having some fun with katie on the tubes.

Oh, the Cabin. Relax, get wet, have fun, enjoy family, food and Olympics. We always love our family week at the cabin in Travers City. Katie and Kyra are part fish. They stayed in the lake at least 3/4ths of the time. Katie did awesome on the tube this year hitting some big waves and even getting some air.

Katie and I started out on a nice, friendly tubing ride until I suggested that we see who could stay on the best out of three. She grinned and said "Your on!" Round one went to mom, round two to Katie, round three was a tie with a double wipe out, and the final wipe out went Katie. OH YAH, mom is still cool. hahaha

We had a mother daughter date one night, going shopping at the mall and Toys R Us. Fishing was the name of the game for the guys, however, one night the ladies got out the poles resulting in Mary and Dana catching pikes (30" and 27" ) and a nice small mouth(27") by Sharra. Kent went shopping with mom and dad one day and was most excited over the lure shopping. He walked down the isles pointing out the good lures and informing me what kind of fish they would catch. He is quite the little fisherman. It was a great week.

3 comments:

Leah said...

The date night with Katie sounds so fun! Also the tubing... I've never gone and I'm sure I would be very interesting to observe! Maybe Katie could teach me how :)
Leah

Tamra said...

Looks so fun! Way to go on the fishing girls!

NatalieJo said...

Oh, this looks soo fun and relaxing! I'm jealous :)
Glad ya'll had a nice time. Please tell KK hello for me and give them a squeeze!